Michael Jackson’s Thriller to get 3D Make over

Published On October 8, 2014 » 2681 Views» By Darren Dimmick » Headlines, Movies
...
The legendary 1983 video Thriller by Michael Jackson will next year be released in 3D.

For me probably the most exciting news of the year, as a die-hard Michael Jackson fan it has now been confirmed by original director John Landis that the movie is going to get a 3D movie make over.

The musical legend who was given the title The King of Pop, died tragically back in June 2009, at the time Landis was suing the Michael Jackson estate for 50% of the proceeds from the Thriller movie.  With the case being finally put to rest, Landis told the New York Daily News, he is now free to move forward with his long-gestating 3D plans for “Thriller.”

“That lawsuit went on for so many years, but we settled and they paid me finally,” he said. “And so, actually there is something happening with ‘Thriller.’ It is going to reappear in a highly polished and three-dimensional way that is very exciting on the big screen.”

It has been rumoured that Michael Jackson had plans to include some sort of 3D experience for Thriller in the ‘This is it’ concert that never was.

Thriller is one of the few music videos that have so much history attached, including being the first ever MTV world wide premier, the highest selling music video of all times having sold over 9 million copies prior to Jackson’s death, along with being ranked as the number 1 Halloween song by Billboard.

A few years ago, there was talk that Kenny Ortega wanted to adapt “Thriller” into a feature film, but nothing’s come of that since then. Seeing the original short in 3D should be a treat, if Landis can make it happen.

HEY! Why not become our Facebook Buddy Click here and join our Twitter Feed Here

Tags

Leave a Reply